- When power is first applied, verify that the Power LED is on.
- Verify that the Power LED turns amber within a couple of seconds, indicating that the self-test is running.
- After approximately 30 seconds, verify these:
- The Power LED is solid green.
- The Internet LED is lit.
- A numbered Ethernet port LED is on for any nearby port that’s linked to a computer. This problem indicates that the link has been established to the connected device.
You should use the LEDs on the front panel of the router for troubleshooting.
Power LED Is Off or Blinking
If the Power LED is off or blinking, try these:
- Ensure that the power cord is securely attached to your router and that the power adapter is securely attached to an operating power outlet.
- Ensure that you’re utilizing the power adapter to that NETGEAR supplied with this product.
- If the Power LED blinks slowly and continuously, the router firmware is corrupted. In case a firmware upgrade is interrupted, this case can occur. If the error persists, you havean equipment problem. For recovery instructions with an equipment problem contact technical support team at www.netgear.com/support.
Power LED Stays Amber
Once the router is switched on, the Power LED turns amber for around 20 seconds and then turns green. The router has a problem if the LED does not turn green.
After turning power ON the power LED still amber for one minute, try these:
- Switch off the power and back ontosee if the router recovers.
- To come back the router to its factory settings, press and support the Restore Factory Settings button.
If the error persists you might have an equipment problem.
All LEDs Remain Lit After accessing routerlogin JWNR2010
Once the router is turned on, the LEDs light for around 10 seconds and then turn off. If most of the LEDs stay lit, a problem exists within the router.
If all LEDs remain lit 1 minute after power-up, try these:
- Turn fully off the power and back to see if the router recovers.
- To go back the router to its factory settings, press and support the Restore Factory Settings button.
If the error persists, you might have a hardware problem in routerlogin JWNR2010.