In order to update the latest firmware of Netgear R6250 Smart Wifi Router, you have to access Routerlogin.net admin page. Even any kind of settings can be made on Router’s admin page. There are two different ways to update the Router firmware. One is you can download the latest version on your device and upgrade it visiting the Router homepage. The second method is to directly visit the Router admin and upgrade it immediately. Read the brief:
Netgear Router Firmware Update: One Method
When you are connected to the Wifi or internet and able to use the internet without any speed issue, you can browse the www.netgear.com/support. Here you will find your Netgear R6520 Router latest firmware version. Click on this to download in your device.
Netgear Routerlogin Admin
Open your browser and type www.routerlogin.net. In case, the default address does not work then you can type 192.168.1.1.
The Routerlogin Window will display on your screen. Confirm the username and password. If you changed the credentials then type the changed details otherwise go with the default:
- Username: admin
- Password: password
Type these details in small letters. Click on login and the routerlogin basic home page will appear.
Go to the main menu and click on Firmware Upgrade.
Netgear Router Firmware Update: Second Method
Be careful, on this page, you have both options to upgrade the firmware but at one time you can use only one method.
- When you click on the Firmware upgrade, the screen will display as below:
- If you want to upgrade the firmware following the above method then click on Browse and Select the firmware file that you downloaded. Finally, click on the upload option and wait until it uploads.
- If you want to update the firmware directly from the net admin page then ignore the first method and Click on the check as shown in the above image.
- The latest version will be showing and click on the upgrade.
- When firmware updates, don’t click any tab. Wait until it updates.
You can use both methods but alternatively. Make sure when update is completed, click on Apply to save the changes.