Live Parental Control (LPC) is just a content filtering solution to assist you protect your household from accessing games, social networking, or possible phishing sites. This feature is quite simple to create in your NETGEAR routerlogin. This information reveal how exactly to setup Parental Controls and configure the bypass account.
The very first time that you decide on Parental Controls from the BASIC Home screen, open your browser that would take you to the Live Parental Controls website, where you are able to find out more about Live Parental Controls and downloads the application.
To set up Live Parental Controls using Routerlogin.net– N300:
- Launch an internet browser from a computer or wireless device that’s attached to the network.
- Type website net or http://192.168.0.1. A login screen displays.
- Enter the router username and password. The user name and password both are admin. The username and password are case-sensitive. The BASIC Home screen displays.
- Select Parental Controls.
- Click either the Windows User button.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to download and install the NETGEAR Live Parental Control management. After installation, Live Parental Controls automatically starts.
- Click the Next button.
- Click the Next button to proceed because Live Parental Control uses free Open DNS accounts, to create a free account.
- Select the radio button that applies for your requirements:
- If you currentlyhave an Open DNS account, leave the Yes radio button selected.
- If you don’t have an Open DNS account, find the No radio button.
- Click the Next button and then complete all the fields and again click the Next button to proceed.
- Select a radio button and click the Next button.
- Click the Take me to the status screen button. Parental controls are now actually put up for the modem router. The modem router BASIC Home screen shows Parental Controls as Enabled.