When you can access your router however, not the Internet, check to see if the router can obtain an IP address from your own Internet sites provider (ISP). Unless your ISP supplies a fixed IP address, your router requests an IP address from the ISP. You are able to determine if the request was successfully utilizing the ADVANCED Home screen.
- If your router cannot obtain an IP address from website net the Internet Service provider may want to force your cable or DSL modem to acknowledge your router by restarting your network.
- Open a web browser from a computer or wireless device that’s attached to the network.
- Type website net or http://www.routerlogin.com
- A login screen displays.
- Enter the router username and password.
- The username is admin. The default password is admin. Both are case-sensitive. The BASIC Home screen displays.
- Click the ADVANCED tab and the ADVANCED Home screen displays.
- Check that the IP address is shown for the Internet port. If 0.0.0.0 is shown, your router didn’t obtain an IP address from your ISP.
- If your router continues to be unable to acquire an IP address from the ISP, the issue may be among the following:
- Your Internet service provider (ISP) might need a login program. Ask your ISP whether they might require PPP over Ethernet (PPPoE) or several other formof login.
- If your ISP takes a login, the login name and password may be set incorrectly.
- Your ISP might check for the computer’s host name. Assign the computer host name of one’s ISP account since the account name in the Internet Setup screen.
- If your ISP allows only one Ethernet MAC address for connecting to Internet and checks for the computer’s MAC address, do one of many following:
- Inform your ISP that you got a fresh network device and inquire further to utilize the router’s MAC address.
- Configure your router to clone your computer’s MAC address.
If your router cannot obtain an IP address from website routerlogin.net then you definitely need certainly to restart your network. If your ISP allows just one Ethernet MAC address for connecting to Internet, check for the computer’s MAC address.